One of the things I love about bridal showers are the perfectly wrapped boxes of loveliness waiting to be opened by the bride-to-be (or the nearlywed couple if it happens to be a couple shower!).
But, these papers can bring such wonderful accents to basic party decor, so why stop at just the pretty boxes? Gift wraps are perfect for other uses to extend the look (and you can upcycle for a green touch!).
They can be used as:
1) Napkin Rings (a great way to find a second purpose for odd-shaped papers)
2) Plate decor (or cupcake wrappers)
3) Confetti (gently strewn about tables for a "snow dust" affect)
4) Party Streamers (hang from the ceilings or tie to round paper lanterns!)
5) Gift Packaging Toppers (slice the leftover papers into thin strips and make pompoms to top a gift!)
What's even better is that you don't have to select from designs in traditional colors or designs anymore, there are a wonderful variety of designs to select from. Choosing a certain design as an accent can add just the right touch of personality — whether the bride-to-be is crazy about the color orange or a couple shower where the groom-to-be wouldn't mind opening a couple of his own gifts, too!
(Images courtesy of Sarah Marie, Feterie, and Funnel Paper Goods)