Here are some ideas of what to include:
- For guests who aren't familiar with what a Bar Mitzvah is, a brief paragraph filling them in would be appreciated.
- An outline of the service: order of events and a sentence or two of what to expect.
- List of the alliyahs and who will be doing them: Joe Miller - Max's uncle
- It's a good place to remember those who can't be with us today.
- Optional: a brief paragraph about today's Torah reading and a brief paragraph about your child's mitzvah project.
There is no right or wrong way to do this. It's a really personal decision for your family to make. Consider who your guests are and what will help them to feel comfortable during the religious portion of the event and what will make this meaningful for you.
photo credit: evy jacob